JUNEFEST /JUNETEENTH 2019 PARADE RULES & REGULATIONS
This informational packet is your guide to participating in the 2019 JUNEFEST / JUNETEENTH Parade, however returning the application does not guarantee your acceptance into the Parade. Applications are reviewed for their entertainment value. JUNEFEST / JUNETEENTH Parade Committee decisions regarding all entries are final. The following rules and regulations apply to all Parade applicants:
- Entries must observe all applicable rules and regulations along with police and /or parade officials, or be barred from the parade which will jeopardize their future invitations to the Parade. The JUNEFEST / JUNETEENTH Parade Committee reserves the right to remove any entrant from the parade that does not follow rules, has safety concerns, inappropriate displays or is deemed an unsuitable entry for the event. Floats and other units advocating, opposing or depicting any political, religious or social issues are subject to approval by the Parade Committee.
- All entries must be decorated, in costume/uniform or otherwise entertaining, with the exception of dignitaries. The JUNEFEST /JUNETEENTH Committee reserves the right to withdraw any unit of which costume or performance does not meet parade rules and regulations, or conform to the standards of reasonable public taste. Appropriate dress is required. Please remember children will be present along the parade route.
- Only walking parade participants will be allowed to distribute individually wrapped candies or other items; such as beads, koozies, bumper stickers, money, flyers, etc. along the parade route.
- Parade participants may not mingle with or accost parade route spectators.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly forbidden on any float, in any vehicle, or on the person of any participant. Participants consuming alcohol prior or during the parade will be removed from the line-up.
- Displaying or dispensing any drug, and/or any drug paraphernalia is prohibited. Any participant engaging in such action will be removed from the parade and police will be notified.
- No additional vehicles (including, but not limited to cars, vans, scooters and marchers) will be allowed to accompany units, unless deemed essential by the JUNEFEST / JUNETEENTH Parade Committee.
- The discharge of firearms, firecrackers, or other pyrotechnics is not permitted.
- All participants must complete the entire parade route.
- Organizations/groups using a sound system are responsible for obtaining and maintaining their own equipment.
- All floats, vehicles, and equestrian entries must provide proof of insurance.
- Evidence of your insurance must be received by 2019 JUNEFEST / JUNETEENTH Parade Committee.
- Any entry not providing evidence of insurance will not be allowed to participate in the 2019 JUNEFEST / JUNETEENTH Parade.
If you have difficulties with your vehicle/float it will be towed (at vehicle owner’s expense). Every effort will be made to pull the float along the parade route, however the parade committee will evaluate whether it can be safely pulled or if it should be removed from the parade. Please keep in mind that a good running motor, with adequate fuel is a critical part of every float.
- Clean up is your responsibility and should be taken care of immediately following the parade.
- Equestrian entries must be able to travel the over two-mile parade route in the heat of a June day.
BANDS – MARCHING & DANCE GROUPS
- Costumed individuals or walkers are allowed to distribute flyers & candy. 2. There should be one adult for every 10 children marching in the parade.
- Forward movement maneuvers ONLY are permitted by the marching units. A spacing of 50 feet between each unit will be enforced. All units are required to close the gap between participants when asked by parade officials.
- Club must be a legitimate organization.
- Colors or identification flags are required.
- Only one rider per bike will be allowed.
- Stunts. Tire rubber burning, or breaking formation is forbidden.
- All Vehicles/Trailers must be decorated.
- Entries may display a wide variety of designs, so long as they are in good taste.
- Drivers must remain with their float/vehicle prior to the commencement of the parade. Please note the parade may travel along a slight grade and move slowly, this can be very hard on manual cars and their drivers.
- You are required to display a banner/sign identifying your organization on both sides of your float/vehicle. Only one commercial name to be visible per entry.
- Sound is permitted with a float or vehicle with prior specific approval from the JUNEFEST/ JUNETEENTH Parade Committee. Sound must not contain sexually explicit lyrics or profanity. Only a limited number of floats/vehicles with sound can be approved due to conflicts with bands, equestrian entries, and other floats/vehicles.
- Floats are not to exceed 14 feet in height or 10 feet in width. Maximum length is 12 feet per unit. Floats may be pulled by a small car, truck, tractor, or 4-wheeler. They may not be pulled by hand unless in the case of an emergency. Floats must accommodate a tow rope.
- Floats are to not stop for more than two minutes along the parade.
- If you have difficulties with your float/vehicle it will be towed (at vehicle owner’s expense). Every effort will be made to pull the float along the parade route, however the parade committee will evaluate whether it can be safely pulled or if it should be removed from the parade. Please keep in mind that a good running motor, with adequate fuel is a critical part of every float.
- All exhaust pipes near decoration or people must be insulted
- Floats must be capable of maneuvering around sharp turns.
- Each float entry must provide a single float walker. The float walker is the communications link between parade traffic people and the float driver.
- Costumed individuals that enhance the theme of the entry are allowed to walk with prior approval from the JUNEFEST/ JUNTEENTH Parade Committee. Walkers are allowed to distribute approved flyers, candy, or money.
- Please no open flames on any floats/vehicles.
- All floats/vehicles must have a licensed operator. A current copy of vehicle insurance is required for each vehicle in the parade and must be submitted with the application.
- JUNEFEST/JUNTEENTH Parade Committee reserves the right to refuse any vehicle losing fluids, emitting unacceptable exhaust fumes, or in poor operation condition.
- Participants in floats/vehicles should be neat and clean in appearance and present a positive image of the sponsoring organization.
- Antique vehicles, floats, and motorcycle groups are encouraged. Miscellaneous vehicle entries must be approved in advance.
June 1st - Free Sock Hop
Redeem Queens Presents
Free Sock Hop in support of the "You are Enough Bullying and Suicide Campaign" dedicated to Naikea "Kea" Taylor.
Saturday June 1st 2019 6:30 -11:00pm
In This Moment Event Center, 707 Polk St. Amarillo, Texas
Come hang out with us for a night of fun, dancing, food, door prizes and guest speakers.
Wear your craziest socks for the Crazy Sock Contest!
June 13th - Women's Allstar Game Heights vs. Hamlet
7:30pm, June 13th at Carver
Admission $6 Adults / $2 Kids
June 14th - 806 Got Talent
Tee's Music Presents
June 14th 7pm - 9pm
Carver Elementary 1905 Nw 12th
Admission: $5 Students $10 Adults
Sign Up Now
Cash Prizes & Trophies to winners.
$10 Entry Fee
For More Info Contact LaQuanna Mathis at (806) 640-9594 or (806) 381-0809
June 14th - BONES HOOKS PARK- BACKSTAGE GROWN FOLK PARTY
FRIDAY JUNE 14, 2019
BONES HOOKS PARK- BACKSTAGE GROWN FOLK PARTY DOMINOES, CARDS, ETC.
FREE: FISH FRY BY MR. TODD BARNES AND FAMILY SOUL FOOD RESTAURANT!
- GLAZER WINES
- POKEY'S LIQUORS
- KING OF DIAMONDS
- IN THIS MOMENT
- UNITED SUPERMARKETS
June 16th - Juneteenth Presents 2k19
5th Annual Hamlet vs. North Heights basketball game. Sunday June 16th, 2019 from 3:00 to 6:00 pm at Caprock High School. Live halftime show and concession stand will be in full effect.
June 16th - Funniest Father's Day Comedy Jam
First two beverages on the house
Sunday June 16th 2019
In This Moment Event Center, 707 Polk St. Amarillo, Texas
Complimentary Mimosas from 6pm -7pm
$25/per couple $15/person
Show Starts @7:00PM
$200 per table seats 8 people
limited tables till SOLD OUT
For Tickets please call
(806) 584-2581 / (806) 517-4618
Tickets available at both Delvin's restaurant locations, Downtown Happy State Bank Building Basement, and at 1300 N. Hughes.